Saturday 15 November 2008

More work on background to dissertation

I have decided that my current work on my dissertation will be in the form of a Bibliographical essay. I am starting to type up a list of all the works I might use and then will be trying to come up with the main points I have from each work cited. This plan came about from reading Simon Shapin's The Scientific Revolution, which contains exactly this sort of essay at the back.

I have also found out how to access online all the articles in the British Journal for the Philosophy of Science, the British Journal for the History of Science, and loads of other relevant things. Today I printed off well over 1,000 pages of articles covering 35 years of the BJPS.

And I have a new approach to the main work for my MSc. I have decided to just work on what I want to rather than keep to syllabus, with the hope that I will cover enough to get through the exams ok. But since I have little idea how long I have left before work rears it ugly head, I need to make the best of it now.

I have also decided to upgrade my mobile phone to one with a camera - so I can take photos of lectures and seminars at LSE to add to this blog - so few pictures it seems at the moment.

No comments: