Friday 31 October 2008

A two day slump

After several weeks when I have been quite fired up and positive, the last couple of days have seen something of a slump. Perhaps this was caused by delivering my third and final seminar presentation this week. But more likely it reflects events at home.

Once again I have been remindered of just how different people's narratives can be of how life is. And once again I have failed to realise that things I understand well are not so well understood by others. In respect of various things, I had assumed everything was well understood. I am genuinely shocked to discover that this isn't the case.

I am also genuinely shocked to discover that many views are held not on the basis of reciprocity. It is not clear to me why people don't have that sort of principle ingrained within them but it isn't the case - perhaps this is the main way in which the different narratives are generated.

But what does it mean going forward? Once more I feel very low about things and well worn out with it all. I am tempted to make radical changes - but probably won't

No comments: