Tuesday 2 September 2008

Outcome of the last week . . .

I had considered the apparent timetabling for 2008/09 at LSE to be a negative when I first came across it, but now I have reversed my view and think of it as pretty good.

Over the last week or so, I have been looking at future work alternatives and some of these have thrown up some interesting features. One possible scenario relates to working short-term contracts for various periods. My current plan is to do this for around six months hopefully as soon as possible. This should not create too much difficulty in respect of my first year but could generate enough to allow me to now have to work through my second year. So doing History of Science in year two will actually be better than my year one plan as I may have considerably more time to give to it.

So in the last week I have started to switch my reading focus slightly away from History of Science towards Philosophy and Science. But since I don't know at what point a job might come up (short term contracts are often at very short notice) I have to use the current period to do as much MSc related work as possible.

No comments: