Wednesday 16 July 2008

Some introductory thoughts

For many years I kept a diary, there are at least fifteen years on the bookcase beside me, going back to 1979. But for the last couple of years I haven't been able to. This is the longest gap I have had from not writing. But some events over the last few years were too difficult to describe and the act of trying made me feel worse rather than better.

However a couple of weeks ago I was talking with a woman who was looking to make a number of really significant changes in her life and she had decided that part of this process would be to write a Blog, not so much as a diary, but just to record things that interested her each day and to provide a little bit of focus to think about things. Inspired by this example, I am going to do the same.

So what will I be talking about?

Probably things I've been reading about - science, philosophy, religion, art, etc. Things I've been doing - fishing, mountaineering, photography, etc. And probably anything else I fancy. The internet is filling up with blogs that no one reads. I will add mine to this, but as long as I enjoy writing it, I'm not bothered. It will hopefully provide me with a base for jotting down some of the things that I'd like to remember.

At the moment, I have no intention of telling anyone about this. It is just for me.

No comments: