Sunday 20 July 2008

A list of goals

One of the reasons to start this blog was to provide me with a basis for thinking about my life and what I want to achieve in the future - hence the Blog's title. So here is a short list of some of the things I would like to do over the next couple of years - just to get me started.

In the shorter term (around two years out);

1. To successfully complete my MSc

2. To climb Mera peak in the Himalayas - I currently have November 2010 pencilled in for this

3. To catch a barbel over 10lbs from my local River Windrush or to catch a 5 1/2lb chub from the Evenlode

4. To travel to some interesting places with my wife, Linda - Finland is a possibility for this Christmas

Longer term (more than 2 years out);

5. To develop a pattern of work in which 6 to 9 months of each year is free

6. To make a long visit to India (at least a month)

7. To go on a one month retreat (ideally at the farm connected with the San Francisco Zen Centre)

8. To create a high-quality portfolio of photographs

So this is a decent list to get me started on thinking seriously about things.

Two little projects for today. To do a couple of hours sorting out in the garage followed by a trip to the local dump with a car full of stuff and to do an hour's clearing at our allotment (which has been rather neglected over the past year)

No comments: