Wednesday 11 June 2008

Spain week six, day one

Saturday May 31st 2008

Hacienda, Villamartin, Spain

Early away this morning down to Malaga airport to pick up a new guest, Julia. The drive down took me passed Ronda and down to the coast at San Pedro. This is a quite spectacular drive and one that I really enjoyed. Some of my favourite music on the ipod, amazing views, etc. I even stopped for 15 minutes on one viewpoint and called Linda to say how nice the drive was and how it would have been really nice if she had been with me to share it. Our current time apart is the longest we have ever had at 3 weeks and I am certainly starting to really miss her.

The pick-up goes fine, though I do feel a bit of a twit holding a sign up for Julia - I've never done that before and might, in future, work out how to do a nicer WBB sign. We have a good drive back the same way I came down and realised, much to my surprise, that one of the things we could see in the far distance was actually Gibralter. I had thought it would have been much further away.

It is sunny enought for Fiona to be sunbathing when we got back. Bit of a breeze though.

We have an extra yoga class tonight as Fiona had missed one or two on our travels and so a first class for Julia. She has a very tight left shoulder, probably from carrying a laptop around at work, but this should perk up over the week.

A call to Linda tonight and news that my mum isn't very well. She has been short of breath lately and had a really bad experience while out with one of her friends. So she is going for a heart test in a few days time and has to take it very easy for now.

No comments: