Tuesday 13 May 2008

Spain, week two, day seven

Friday May 9th, 2008

Moorish Farmhouse, Orgiva, Spain

For my last yoga class of the week, I basically did my plan for tomorrow's test, focusing on getting the opening body awakening to flow nicely and plenty of assisting and use of props. And we get a couple of hours sunshine for the class before it went a bit grey again.

Eve and I left for the airport mid afternoon. Eve is a bit nervous of flying and so we made sure we were there in plenty of time. We had a rough idea of where we might be able to leave the car and this worked out very well. For most of the period before the flight I read through my class notes for yoga and rehearsed a few bits of what I wanted to say.

But for the flight itself, I have started to re-read Chris Stewart's "Driving over lemons" which is, of course, located just up the valley from us. In fact this morning saw a visit from Manola, one of the local Spaniards featured in the books, to discuss the sale of manure to Nigel and Zoe. One day next week we plan to have a drive up to the end of the valley and see exactly where the books are set.

Arrived at my hotel at Gatwick about 10:30. A quick chat to Linda, one last read through my material and that was that. Hope tomorrow goes ok - I am a bit nervous now.

No comments: