Friday 5 October 2007

Lots of progress . . . .

October 5th 2007

Longworth

Lots of progress this week. With Emma now firmly settled in at college, I have thrown myself into Well Being work and lots of things have slotted into place well.

The main progress has been on the website. This now has lots of its pages up, pictures and text in place, etc. We are ironing out the remaining formating issues and, in our view, it is beginning to look really good. We have spent hours on sorting out things like pictures and they all look really nice. I have been amazed by the huge amount of really good photography available to buy off the internet. Text writing has been slow but steady. Printed out, the text would now fill over 100 sides of paper!

One book I have been using for a last check on everything has been Jon Smith's Web sites that Work. This has loads of suggestions about configuring websites and I have taken many of the points to heart.

An email from Elena, my yoga course director, to say she was very happy with the work I did on her syllabus document and would I have a look at another document that she has been working on recently. This concerns her specification of how the techniques and teaching methodology sections of her course should be linked. This has provided me with a lot more insight into how she has arranged our course but has also raised loads of further questions.

So this spot of writing for the blog is the last I'll be doing this week. Tomorrow I am off to Newton Abbot for a four day Vipassana meditation course at Gaia House (www.gaiahouse.co.uk). Not entirely sure how that will turn out but this is something I wanted to do after reading a lot about this type of retreat over the summer.

I shall be writing up my experiences on this next week.

No comments: